Saturday, June 5, 2010

Poor, Neglected Bloggy Blog



Photo of the Bratfest mural or something or another. Someone decided to be a real smart@## and paint that brat bun purple.

What a travesty! Seeing the timestamp from my last entry makes me feel like an abusive mother. A lot has happened since then and I truly don't feel like making a big update about my goings on. Recently, my sis (Val) and her husband (Brett) came for a little visit. I am relieved that they had a great time! I know I did. Becky and I shuttled them around the greater Madison area, showing them the sites and the wonders of Dairyland. It really is about the food here. And the beer. But all of that is counterbalanced with the walking! Yes. I have a reputation for walking my visitors to death. Walking around the farmer's market and up to the capitol's observation deck, followed by a meandering walk down State St. to the terrace. Things get to be a little cardiovascular on occasion...but we have to do something to burn of that damn spicy cheese bread!

Bratfest was a real treat. It is a cross between a skank carnival and a blues fest. Add $1.50 Johnsonville brats (yes...this is basically a double-entendre-fest) and one has a very affordable lunch. Not to mention the people watching! The wiener mobile was a hit and Becky got a wiener Whistle for her vocal skills at the Oscar Meyer Wiener Song.

More photos and updates to come! I promise. I don't have a job. I am basically playing the clarinet, doing random gigs, teaching a few students, being a paid research participant, teaching a few other things, learning French and biking around. What else am I going to do?

1 comment:

  1. Walking wasn't bad. I really don't feel like you walked us to death. Maybe the first day, but after that, things got easier and I actually enjoyed it. Now I've gone back to being a fat lard ass driving to every destination. I guess I could walk to campus this semester if it isn't hotter than a sweaty ball sack.

    Thanks for showing us the sights and taking care of us. I really did have fun! Wish we could come back sooner.

    ReplyDelete