Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tis the season to be busy as crap

I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the hour I took today to walk around the hood in the snow with my neighbor and her dog - including the random old men that approached us to pet said dog and to inquire as to whether or not we needed someone to "shovel our sidewalks". Needless to say, I was thankful that the dog was there.

There is something quiet and peaceful about snow. Sounds are muted but visibly, sights appear to be enhanced. My holiday spirit was enhanced today as I chewed a candy cane. I am a candy cane chewer, you see. I relish in nothing.

So now it is the season for me to drive all over the kingdom. I miss B. I want to cuddle and pull homemade espresso and make a gingerbread house.

First is a woodwind quintet recital. Then I commute to Iowa City for the weekend - super excited to rehearse with friends and do a recital Monday at U of Iowa. After the celebrations close, I am to travel to La Crosse, WI, for some Christmas symphony shenanigans. That will be my whole week - that and cramming in as many private lessons as possible. Finally, the coup de grace: my annual journey to Tennessee. I look forward to it and I don't.

I am currently resisting the urge to tally up hours in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment